The Timetables are items retrieved from Alternate Future Dave's timeline. They resemble a pair of records floating on rotating gears. By scratching the records, he is able to control the flow of time in a variety of ways. He seems to be able to use standard time travel to go forward and backwards in time and uses this ability in battle. He mentions to Alternate Future Rose that he's spent four months skipping back and forth. After returning to the main timeline, he gives the timetables to Present Dave before jumping into the sprite.
Trolls' versionEditAradia possesses a similar set of objects, known as her Music Box Time Machine. While Dave's timetables are built on red gears, reminiscent of the ones in the Land of Heat and Clockwork, Aradia's devices appear to be the comb and cylinder of a music box encased in large quartz rocks, reminiscent of her own Land of Quartz and Melody. Just as Dave spins the records to travel through time, she presumably revolves the cylinder forwards or backwards to move along the time stream.
As of this Gamzee is now the current owner of the Music Box Time Machine. He uses it to presumably travel back in time from his arrival in universe B2 to talk to Jane.,
The Timetables have been alchemized to create the following items:
- Convenient computing, access to Sburb on the go. Oh, and it probably has weird time powers.
- An older issue of the Gamebro magazine. Dave thinks his Bro has the one he created. It can also be in Dirk's room.
- Caledscratch, probably.
- A broken sword that can "rewind" to a non-broken state.
- It seems like Timetables are strongly tied to music (it seems logical, since music is strongly tied to time and rhythm): Dave's Timetables resemble records, and Aradia's look like a music box.
- A Time player's timetables generally seem to resemble their session's Scratch construct. Or perhaps by the whims of Paradox Space, it is the other way around.
- Doc Scratch that items like the timetables don't actually allow the player to travel through time; rather the ability to time travel is an innate ability of the player. This seems to be contradicted by Gamzee's use of the timetables; however Gamzee is associated with being a Wild Card.
- This is similar to Rose's Needles, which Doc Scratch speculated was due to her inner connection to the Horrorterrors rather than any powers provided by her role.