Nannasprite describes The Medium as "a ring of pure void, dividing light and darkness". The Medium seems to be the main body of the Incipisphere, with a kingdom of darkness outside of it relative to the four main planets and one of light within it.
The main goal of Sburb is to reach the Medium and build up to The Seven Gates, eventually reaching the realm of Skaia at its center. Starting point of this journey is each player's individual planet. Each planet has something to do with the player's title and, more importantly, their personality. Imps, Ogres, and many other opponents must be fought by the players as they build upward.
Planets within The MediumEdit
- Land of Wind and Shade - John's planet
- Land of Light and Rain - Rose's planet
- Land of Heat and Clockwork - Dave's planet
- Land of Frost and Frogs - Jade's planet.
- Land of Crypts and Helium - Jane's planet
- Land of Mounds and Xenon - Jake's planet
- Land of Pyramids and Neon - Roxy's planet
- Land of Tombs and Krypton - Dirk's planet
- Land of Pulse and Haze - Karkat's planet
- Land of Thought and Flow - Terezi's planet
- Land of Tents and Mirth - Gamzee's planet
- Land of Sand and Zephyr - Tavros' planet
- Land of Maps and Treasure - Vriska's planet
- Land of Rays and Frogs - Kanaya's planet
- Land of Caves and Silence - Equius' planet
- Land of Quartz and Melody - Aradia's planet
- Land of Little Cubes and Tea - Nepeta's planet
- Land of Dew and Glass - Feferi's planet
- Land of Wrath and Angels - Eridan's planet
- Land of Brains and Fire - Sollux's planet
Strangely, players still receive electricity and internet access, even though the wires are to anything. Rose theorizes that the game provides these services so as to not give the players unnecessary handicaps - that is to say, navigating a dark house or being unable to communicate with other players in the session - early in the game.
A SkaiaNet Laboratory's primary session terminal seems to suggest that there are eight planets, each with seven gates between it and Skaia. The significance of this was subject to speculation for a long time. However, it is now most likely that it foreshadowed the 8 player session of the pre- and post-Scratch kids.displayed in the