|Archive 1||July 2010 - June 2014|
I think listing Gamzee and ARquius as components is a bit premature, they exist inside the same vessel and that's all we know for sure right now, the signs do not seem to point to the traits of ARquius and Gamzee having much of an influence on Lord English's character attributes if any at all... point is I think we need to wait and see.
- It seems that some traits are embodied by his Lord English persona, while others are embodied by his Doc Scratch persona. A few years ago, Hussie compared them to Jekyll and Hyde. -- Gordon Ecker (talk) 10:47, April 15, 2015 (UTC)
- I agree with the others that it's not premature at all. One other thing that hasn't been mentioned is the implication that Lord English's muscular built and strenght comes from Equius. Now I know that the other adult cherubs we have seen are muscular anyway, but it was implied that Caliborn would not mature properly because he killed off Calliope too soon. But yeah it's a weak connection compared to the others. bitterLime 09:52, April 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Based on the Gordon Ecker (talk) 10:54, April 17, 2015 (UTC) , I'm guessing that he's been gradually refining his physical form with each new incarnation. I'm guessing that the next time we see him, he'll probably be a fully-grown adult cherub with (or conjured up with a combination of the sprite powers he inherited from ARqiusprite and the First Guardian powers he inherited from Doc Scratch). I wonder what happens to the old bodies. Do they fade away like duplicate jujus at the end of each rampage, or is the Furthest Ring swarming Lord English avatars? --
(reset indent) I agree with the others that it does look like these new "components" will bring him closer to his final appearance, but I don't think that (like Gordon Ecker suggested) it's the result of what he describes happening after each rampage (getting STRONGER. AND OLDER. AND BIGGER. AND BUFFER). That sounds more like generic growing as a result of "working out" (destroying universes, in this case). And it's always seemed as if the trolls' universe is only one out of many others he's visited, so it wouldn't make sense to me for Doc Scratch to be a necessary component of his final form-- rather, it looks more as if Doc Scratch has many characteristics that come from Lord English's soul. ConcreteSunshine (talk) 20:19, April 18, 2015 (UTC)
- well if the consensus is that Gamzee and ARquius are components of LE, then LE would truely be a composite being, rather than just the adult version of Caliborn. Whohoohuwhu (talk) 03:27, April 20, 2015 (UTC)
- Well, yeah. Which makes Caliborn's whole arc sad, really, in my eyes. In the end, even he was a pawn. Just a piece on the board for English to manipulate as part of his endgame. Btw, just wanna throw out there: regardless of what LE's first iteration is (we know the Scratch iteration isn't the first for several reasons - the fact that he was summoned, the currently unaddressed pirate coat and peg leg, etc), whether it's a posession of Jake, or combining the three Jacks together, or what, I strongly doubt he'll have natural adult cherub wings. He never matured properly, after all, and why would he lose them if he ever had them? Aepokk ∀ulpex 08:34, April 20, 2015 (UTC)
- Granted, I mean he is a god tier, so... and who even knows about the other iterations? I am actually expecting to see some iteration of English with wings, because... I mean come on, it's just begging to happen. Also, if this continues much longer we should probably move it to the wiki forum. Aepokk ∀ulpex 16:29, April 20, 2015 (UTC)
- While we are on this topic. It looks like Gamzee was killed by being cut in half again, and that only one half was absorbed into Cal. We all know which half... You think it's worth mentioning that somewhere? - bitterLime 11:47, April 24, 2015 (UTC)
I guess the trivia might as well need a cleanup and some of the information could be merged with the page itself, beclaws it is now total shit. 184.108.40.206 15:37, April 16, 2015 (UTC)
Images broken? Edit
Images seem to be broken on this page. For one thing, the "o" in the stylized "Lord English" text isn't displayed, and none of the other images work either. Is this a problem on my end, or is the page actually bugged?
220.127.116.11 16:49, August 3, 2018 (UTC)
- I see this sometimes, but sometimes not, and sometimes reloading fixes it. I think maybe it's due to the presence of a large number of large flashing images? I often have similar issues where some of the small navbox icons won't load if there are a large number of them. BlackholeWI (talk) 17:58, August 3, 2018 (UTC)