I am unable to get the Control-T thing to work right. I just get Girl!John hair flipping and an error message saying that I have to change my settings to let it talk to the internet. Which I have tried, unsuccesfully. What am I doing wrong here? JordanTH 02:50, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Nevermind, I got it to work. ItS a MiRaClE! JordanTH 02:55, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Mind clarifying how you did? The first version of the flash I got from a friend let it work, but when I try with the version I got from the mirror it just stays as Girl!John and does nothing. The little gamepad brings up a blank message, and the restart triangle doesn't work. Chrystalclear 03:29, October 29, 2010 (UTC)
I can't seem to find the door the secret switch opens. I don't know if my game is broke or if my brain is dumb .-. Aryst0krat 03:37, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
It is a hidden switch in the last recess. After pushing it, walk back until you find a new pathway open. Stostri 03:50, October 26, 2010 (UTC)Stostri
Shouldn't this page be properly speaking titled "Alterniabound?" That's what the .fla was titled, i assume it's the title of the piece.-Skaramuche 05:35, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Seeing as how that's what it's titled in the blog post and the Newgrounds page the frame now links to, I'm going to move it there, especially since it's a WAY catchier title. --STUART 11:25, October 27, 2010 (UTC)
Just make sure 'Alterniabound' redirects to the page I guess. Also, what the heck does "The sprites have died. You can enter and then exit Trickster Mode to get them back." even mean? What sprites? Maybe this needs to be clearer! 126.96.36.199 16:41, October 26, 2010 (UTC)Stostri
- I think that editor thought that that line referred to the actual sprites of the trolls in the flash game not moving or something, as opposed to their Sprites which are said in conversations to have died. Either way, fixed now. - Jumpjet2k 17:43, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
Should the names of the weapons in this be taken as canon, and the names of the weapons changed in their respective articles?SergeantQuagmire 22:42, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- I believe that was already done. ~Octachorn 22:47, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Yep, I got 'em all shortly after the flash was posted. - Jumpjet2k 01:42, October 27, 2010 (UTC)
How do you turn into Future Terezi? Edit
I'm a little confused on how you turn into Future Terezi.
Enter the Terezi-only area and go all the way up the stairs, down the hall, and out onto the deck where her smelloscope is. Check the smelloscope and the chest should open. Examine the chest to become Future Terezi. ZeldaFan 18:35, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
GAME OVER Edit
Did anyone see that game over page?
How to do it:
1. be whoever
2. transportilize to room w/ 3 transportilizers
3. transportilize to room w/ trolls' transportlizers
4. Go left.
5. JUST GO LEFT. You'll find that a section of wall is like a spoon: there is none.
6. Once you reach a visible path go up
7. look at wand pile
8. Sleep in it. Say yes twice
9. GAME OVER
How to find it:
1. be Terezi
2. go to her room
3. go upstairs, solve the puzzle and go to the room with doors
4. go past the drawing on the wall and use transportilizer
5. loo- er... smell through the smelliscope.
6. examine chest. Be future Terezi. Open chest again, get weird costume. Use smelliscope (optional, I guess)
7. On the way back to transportilizer room, you will find a treasure in the first chest you encounter: a drawing from Dave (optional, I guess).
8. Go to the transportilizer room. Nepeta should be there. Talk to her.
9. Follow her.
Bleh, I guess someone DID mention parts of this, but nothing about the Game Over page...
Zerobot 20:55, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
I think... Edit
We got all the secret stuff. Unless something is loaded dynamically or Flash Probe didn't pick up everything (I think it only does images, which is OK in this case as almost everything is a picture, with the execption of the loading screen and text) I think we found all the secrets.
Zerobot 21:23, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
All of them? 188.8.131.52 09:39, October 30, 2010 (UTC)
Game Over screen Edit
So, is the Game Over screen caused by the fact that you go to sleep, rather than the fact that's a pile of wands? It would make sense considering that Karkat tells everyone to not sleep, unless you are a Derse dreamer; you also can only control Prospit dreams with movement in the game, so, yeah.
184.108.40.206 12:05, October 30, 2010 (UTC)
NEED AN OPINION HERE!Edit
Hey, do you think we should upload the Alterniabound sprites to the Trolls' character pages? I got the sprites and all; I just only need an opinion whether I should do it or not... 220.127.116.11 08:29, January 22, 2011 (UTC)
- You probably shouldn't, we don't want to clutter things up too much... Basically, the sprite galleries are reserved for actual sprites drawn in the standard style, while any alternative drawing style (see Hero, Scribble and Hussnasty mode) has its own page and gallery. So, if anything, we should discuss the possibility of creating a new page for the Alterniabound pixel style. --RomancePhilologist 11:13, January 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I agree with RomancePhilologist here, they'd just clutter the page. JordanTH 18:10, January 22, 2011 (UTC)
Notes on music, maybe?Edit
I noticed that it seems some of the music for Alterniabound contains some instances of samples from Earthbound, anyone else hear anything? What I noticed in particular, the 'item get' theme seems to have, near the end, a piece of the 'screamy-wow-scream-thing' you hear after finishing naming people in Earthbound. I recommend 'killing off' all music by entering and exiting the secret sound-test room first, then testing this on a chest. 18.104.22.168 21:50, January 31, 2011 (UTC)
Can someone add a link to the mirror? ~some anon
Trickster mode animation. Edit
I just noticed fem!John's head tossing is the same as Vriska's. Is that just me? A recycled resource? Or more on the commonalities between the two? (Will It Work 22:41, July 6, 2011 (UTC))
Future Kanaya Edit
Maybe I'm just a derp but I have no idea how to get Karkat to talk to Future Kanaya (or the other way around) about the Green Sun and I'm incredibly intrigued as to what was said. Help?
22.214.171.124 01:52, August 7, 2011 (UTC)AWikiaContributor
- Well the parts in Openbound refers to each individual "episode", Alterniabound on the other hand was a single game. I did take cues from the Openbound page and instead split Alterniabound up into the different playable sections. If you mean subdividing the rooms I would have to disagree, due to the difference in size and complexity of Alterniabound and Openbound. - The Light6 (talk) 11:25, December 20, 2012 (UTC)