Doesn't ANYBODY in this stupid desert speak blinking?
Dr. Blinkbottom, Twinkly Herbert
Serenity is a firefly that was formerly encased in a lump of amber that the Wayward Vagabond finds in the Skyship Base before it launches. Upon seeing the insect still alive and glowing in the amber, the Vagabond decides to use her to bring the light of democracy to Can Town. Later, the Vagabond releases her through use of the Appearifier and decides to name her something whimsical. The Vagabond actually has no idea if Serenity is a boy or a girl, or even if fireflies can be girls, but assumes the latter nonetheless.
She is intelligent enough to know that a countdown is rarely a good thing. She communicates via
Morse code blinking her luminous rear end, and understands the passage of time. Her face seems to be stuck in the "blank stare" most of the time, which is used by many characters in MS Paint Adventures as well as the logo for the site.
A firefly that may have been Serenity appears in a lump of amber in the Act 4.at the start of
In Cascade Serenity followed the fully prototyped Peregrine Mendicant to the trolls' Incipisphere with WV's almost dead body. In Act 6 Act 3, after many characters met up in a dream bubble and Dream Dirk flung Dream Roxy out of the bubble, Serenity departed with Dream Roxy. Together they arrived at post-scratch Derse where they were picked up by Dirk and taken back to post-scratch Earth via the Lotus Time Capsule.
Her namesake is the movie Serenity, which takes place on the titular spaceship after the final episode of the TV series Firefly. The ship Serenity is also known as a Firefly-class ship, so Serenity is quite literally a firefly.
Roxy renamed the firefly "doctor blinkbottom", and then "twinkly herbert", while also referring to it as being male, repeating an ongoing gag of animals being renamed and having their genders switched.
- Let's go!!!" : "
- Yay!!!" : "
- Oh my" : "
- Oh no!!!" : "
- Help! My friend is stuck inside the big can, inside a small house he built! You must hurry, he is not very bright and he doesn't understand it when I blink! Are you watching me? Oh no, don't blink me you don't understand blinking either!!! How do you people even exchange ideas without luminous rear ends!!!!!!" : "
- What a daring dream,"
- to combine the finest qualities of humanity with the elegance and nobility of the animal kingdom." : "
- How you wish you could know their world." : "
- To hear one night those muted pawpads traipse up your stairs." : "
- A low but friendly growl unsettles your slumber," : "
- And as the sopor seeps from your eyes" : "
- They detect a sharp pair of ears cutting moonlight." : "
- A mysterious wolven tongue invites." : "
- Wouldn't these ears suit you?" : "
- Would not this proud long snout assist you in the hunt?" (Callback to ) : "
- Hey you!!!!!!!! Just what do you think you're planning on doing with that ring?" : "
- Whatever it is, forget it. The slayer is miiiiiiiine. ::::)" : "
- Now w8ke up!" : "
- I said W88888888KE!" : "
- You suck!!!" : "
- Coward!" : "
- Please…" : "
- Help him!!!" : "
- You there, miss! Please save my friend!" : "
- "thank yoU!"
- "the short answer is, yoU are having a dream"
- "there will be plenty of time to talk soon, bUt let's please keep a low profile for now"
- "so my brother doesn't hear Us"
- "he is passing nearby while doing damage to the fUrthest ring"
- "he is following a large party of ghosts, in hopes that they will lead him to me"
- "his intent is to destroy my soUl u_u"
- "yoU are very sweet. i missed yoU, roxy."
- "bUt there is not mUch yoU can do at the moment, other than remain discreet."
- "let's continUe this elsewhere. follow me!"
- "bUt let's keep going"
- "it appears to be the oUtfit of a fashionable science woman?"
- "yes, bUt we have to go!"
- "then hUrry up!"
- "this way!"
- "remember, yoU're only dreaming"
- "all that yoU see is coming from yoUr memories and subconscioUs"
- "throUgh here"
- "we will have more privacy here"
- "not exactly"
- Roxy naming Serenity "Twinkly Herbert" is a reference to an incomplete series of novels by Andrew Hussie named . Not only does this compliment Roxy's love of wizards, but Zazzerpan and his Complacency originated as minor characters in the novel.